Questions tend to reveal someone’s values, qualities, fears, and personal past. When you are sitting in a bunch, and you feel that the environment is so shallow, that a fish will die in it, it is time to ask some deep questions.
Here are some deep questions you can ask, relevant to our time:
- What is your most irrational fear for the country?
- What is your most rational fear for the country?
- How do you think you will die?
- What’s the biggest risk you have ever taken that didn’t pay off?
- What is a big risk you have taken that did pay off?
- Do you have weird habits? How do you think you developed?
- Do you wish you were raised differently? Why?
- What is one thing you wish you were good at?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- How do you think you changed after September 11, 2001?
- If now is your last moment, would you be proud and satisfied with how you lived your life?
- What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in life?
- What mistake or memory keeps you up at night?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Who do you wish the president is?
- If you were God, and humans were created, how would you create a human differently?
- What would you title your memoir?
- Did you ever get detention or suspension from school for anything? What was the story?
- If you could have a time machine for a week, what three eras would you visit and who would you be? Why?
- What are your simple pleasures in life?
- Would your younger self be proud of who you are today?
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
- What or who did your parents name you after? What’s your relationship like to your name?
- If you could have a cup of coffee with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
- Anything you’ve been too afraid to say out loud to someone?
- If you were to change something in how our government works, what would it be?
- Where do you see yourself in the spectrum of the Two Party system?
- If you were stranded on an island with one person, who would you like it to be?
- What would you say your 5 deepest values?